Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Knervous Knitter

Today was the first day back to school for my kids, and most significantly, for my youngest, who is in school full time this year for the first time ever. This leaves me home alone for just over 6 hours per day. I have been looking forward to this day with increasing excitement for nearly 10 years now, and here it is, and I don’t know what to do with myself.

The girls have been away at school for roughly 5 hours now, and I have been bumping around the house like a bee in a bottle, bouncing from one task to the next. In addition to the usual household chores, in the past five hours I have –

*finished knitting a dishcloth
*started knitting yet another dishcloth
*cut & sewn a quilt top for my baby nephew

It seems that the confluence of abundant free time and the beginning of autumn have kicked my inner Martha Stewart into overdrive.

If you catch me trying to make place cards out of fallen leaves or knitting someone a holiday sweater, feel free to slap me.

No comments:

Post a Comment