Thursday, September 1, 2011

30 28 Hats in 31 Days

My challenge to knit 30 hats in 31 days for the Period of Purple Crying's educational campaign against Shaken Baby Syndrome has drawn to a close, and I missed my goal by thismuch - two little hats, to be exact.

Still, 28 hats in a month is still a respectable number. That's an over-sized kindergarten classroom's worth of heads that will hopefully be rendered both warm and safe via my hats and the information provided to their parents about how to safely deal with episodes of intense crying. I feel pretty good about having done my bit in that. :)

I'm slightly relieved to have a break from my frenzied knitting. I think that no one is as relieved to see me reach the end of this challenge as my husband is. He saw my staying up late, knitting on the go and otherwise shoehorning yarn and needles in every spare second I had as a small but omnipresent stress and distraction. I'll say this for it, it was my chief downtime occupation this month. My normal sitting-on-my-tush chores, like folding laundry, have suffered somewhat from being sent to the back burner for 4 1/2 weeks. Fear not, crunchy towels and socks - Mama's back! ;)

A picture of all 28 hats, followed by some close-ups of a few of my favorites of the lot. :)






This is actually a self-striping sock yarn. It was a breeze to work with and I loved not having 7000 ends to tuck in!



The eggplant



I've been calling this one Boysenberry Swirl. Does this hat look like a dish of Fro-Yo or what? ;)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to you, 28 hats is amazing!! They're so cute too!! I have been a knitting slacker. I've yet to finish my fingerless glove that I started over a month ago LOL! Don't you just love self striping sock yarn???

    ReplyDelete