Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Month of May (so far) in Photos


 Scarlet & Sophie


Our piggies, three


Sidney sneaking a nibble of our neighbor's sword ferns


Chardonnay and her twin Doelings


Chardy's baby girls, Bramble (in front) and Dahlia


Coming in for a landing


Busy little fly-girls!

I am very much enjoying both my new camera, and my newly-acquired ability to take a walk up the hill to pay a visit to my critters. 

This has been an incredibly busy month here so far with the two beehives going in, eleven goats being sold, eighteen new raised beds going in the garden, a self-imposed crash-course in turkey husbandry (soon to be followed by the arrival of actual turkey poults!), 21 chicks due to arrive next week, AND spending every spare second researching, planning for and generally freaking out about a new business venture that a friend and I are embarking on. 

With all of the hustle and bustle, it's easy to miss the small things; the miracles and the beauty that we get to live smack in the middle of on our little piece of earth. I'm so thankful for the sweet little camera that Billy bought me for my birthday, so that I can capture a glimpse, now and then, of the amazing critters that we get to share our lives with here. 

Life right now is a little crazy, but it is a lot good. 

1 comment:

  1. Life is indeed very busy busy for you- A really good kind of busy.
    Good luck on your new ventures!

    Velva

    P.S. If you are interested in submitting one of your photos for my Wordless Wednesday post. I would love to host it-of course, credit goes to you and a link back to your blog.

    ReplyDelete