Saturday, May 8, 2010

It's the final countdown!

Duh-duh-duh-duh, dut-duh-dut-dut duh!

I'm sorry if you now have an 80's Swedish rock song stuck in your head, but I'm super excited because we are less that a week away from chickie-time!

I've been candling our little eggs pretty regularly, and nine out of the dozen that we started with appear to be on track to hatch next week. A few of them have even moved a little while I've been having my peek! It has been an amazing and very educational little journey so far. The girls are learning so much about prenatal development and more importantly, to marvel at the complexity and beauty of life.

Look for baby photos around this time next week!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. How exciting!!!

    And thanks (NOT) for getting Europe stuck in my head. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be really excited too. I have the opportunity to receive fresh eggs each week from a co-worker and I have not been able to buy store bought since :-)
    I have taken my son to watch the chicks and to pull the egss. You are right, it is such an educational experience. I think watching the eggs develop and hatch would be a wonderful experience too, for children and adults. I know you are going to keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete