Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Stuck in Funkytown

You know what it feels like to be in a funk for a while, before realizing that you've been in a funk for a while, and even after becoming cognizant of your funky disposition still find yourself unable to bust out of said funk? Well, that's where I am. Uhg.

For one thing, I have horrifically bad sinuses that have been whooping on me for the last two months, sucking the energy right out of me. Come November, I'll be having a surgery to square them away, which I am simultaneously dreading and looking very much forward to.

But that's not the whole story. I'm not sure if I've even sorted out the whole story. All I know for sure is that I'm in valley right now and I could really go for a peak. I have this gorgeous new land that would love my attention/mowing/pruning, but I seriously cannot work up the gumption to go out and do a darned thing. My mojo, she is M.I.A.

I've often wondered if I have a touch of the Seasonal Affective Disorder, but this seems rather early in the season for that to be hitting already. And I like Fall, I really do, so what the heck?

Help a sister out. What do you do to bust out of a funk?

4 comments:

  1. I think it could totally be SAD, although no doubt your sinus issues have taken a toll on your energy. It does seem to me, though, that the light changed rather suddenly this year. My chickens' egg production slowed much earlier than in the past two years. I've always wanted to try those full spectrum light bulbs. Maybe I'll get lamp for my desk and give them a whirl to see if it makes a difference for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope your durgery goes well. THis is how I would get out of a funk. First pick a day say 1-3 weeks out, pick one day to be the day you are going to start fixing everything up. In between now and then you take it easy guilt free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Amy - Thanks for commiserating with me about this weird Western Washington weather. Bleh! I'm the last person to advocate fake & bake tanning, but I'm almost there...

    @ Jennifurla - I think that that is exactly what I'm going to have to do. A few days of hardcore rest & meds and then I'll just have to force myself out into the world, ready or not. Double bleh! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get in these moods all the time.....I take a day (or an afternoon - whatever I can get) and do something for ME. Last weekend was my weekend - sat in my recliner and knit all weekend long....i kid you not. I've also started walking between when I get home and the kids get home (I have about 45 min). I'm finding I get more done in the evenings if I go for a walk....cheer up! Soon it will be winter....the weeds will die off and you'll be ready to go next spring!

    ReplyDelete