Saturday, January 2, 2010

Eggzilla

I realize that I write about my chickens and their eggs way too much. But this is what passes for excitement 'round here -


One of these things is not like the others...


Do you see the super-jumbo egg? The thing was literally so big that we couldn't close the carton. The kids were unbelievably excited about the "super egg".

We weighed it before cracking it open - with much ceremony - to make cookies. Eggzilla weighed in at 4 ounces. A QUARTER-POUNDER EGG, PEOPLE. It turned out to be a double yolker, much to the girlies' delight.

Yes, my friends, this is what we now consider newsworthy in these parts. What a wild and crazy life we lead.

1 comment:

  1. oooo...I'm so jealous you have your own chickens. I'm glad to have found your blog; it seems like you have many talents!

    ReplyDelete