Sunday, May 16, 2010

Introducing...


By birth order- Scout, Daisy, Snowflake, Rocky, Ruthie, Wilbur, Charlotte, Sunny & Sky.

All of these names are temporary "nicknames" until we figure out who's a boy and who's a girl.

All are doing well now, though Rocky and Sunny gave us a little scare. Both had a small amount of bleeding from their umbilical area just after hatching, and Rocky had some dried-on membrane stuck to his neck and right wing that kept him from walking properly for the first few hours.

It also looks like we have at least a few silkies in the bunch. Charlotte and Rocky both have extra toes and Snowflake has the blue/black silkie skin, but only 4 toes, so we're not sure about her.

Everybody is happy and healthy and peeping their little brains out. And now I feel like Spring really is here. Better late than never! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle.

    Yay little chicks! So Cute. I was and am so honored to be able to name the rooster (if there is one) and I have thought of two names. One of course is Mr. Jefferys (for the little dude himself) ;) and the other name is Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy. Either one is great to me, I leave the final decision up to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how cute! i bet that was an exciting time at your house:)
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. T- I have a feeling that out of our nine, that there'll be at least one rooster. If their crazy/spazzy peeping, pecking and stepping on each other is any indication, we've got a few rowdy boys in the bunch. ;) I'll let the girls decide between your two names, once Mr. Jeffreys/Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy reveals himself. ;)

    Kris- I was fretting over these wee little birds more than you can believe. Bill says that I a SLIGHTLY obsessed. ;) My mothering instincts need and outlet and these foofy the peepers are just the ticket! ;)

    ReplyDelete