Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I've Got One Sexy Chicken!

A few weeks ago, a local author named David Toht came by to take some pictures of our animals for a backyard homesteading book that he's written, due out this December.

He got my name from my cousin who lives up the road just a piece, who's family raises goats and honeybees. David was looking for Americauna/Aracauna chickens and LaMancha goats. Bingo!

So we welcomed him over to photograph our critters, on the condition that I could photograph him, photographing our critters. Here he is at work-





He seemed especially fond of our girl, Rosie the Ameracauna Hen.


Ro-Ro in the snow, November 2010.


He also took lots of pics of Chardy-girl, and those gorgeous blue eyes of hers.



As I said, the book is due to be published in December of this year. I can't wait to see if any of our supermodels made the cut!

If you're interested in pre-ordering a copy of the book, or just checking it out, please click through the following handy-dandy link. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment